omgoodness, I'm blogging again!

Dear readers, I know it has been a VERY long time since i posted anything on my blog. Life as you all know sends us many curve balls and challenges. I finally got a computer that works and have decided that i am going to blog again! I know, miracles do still occur! I will once again be searching the wacky world of strange and weird laws and warning labels. I will find those stupid signs posted around the world. I want to beg you to come back and explore the idiotic things we are expected to follow by lawyers, companies and public officials. Comments and suggestions are not only welcome, but would be GREATLY appreciated! I promise to to try and make you giggle and smile! Hope you read me soon! love, janene

"Come back and fight!, It's just a flesh wound!"

The silly laws for today, yes there are two, come from West Virginia and Tennessee. I decided to post two because they are kind of related. In West Virginia, "It is illegal to taunt someone for not accepting a challenge for a duel. Actual: If any person post another, or in writing or in print use any reproachful or contemptuous language to or concerning another, for not fighting a duel, or for not sending or accepting a challenge, he shall be guilty of a misdemeanor, and upon conviction, shall be confined in jail not more than six months, or fined not exceeding one hundred dollars. " I cant believe people still duel! But it is comforting to know that you wont be called a sissy if you decline, and if you do and they make fun of you, you get the last laugh! They get fined or go to jail!  Now if you live in Tennessee and want to run for office, the Tennessee constitution Article lX reads..."You must believe in God to be elected into office. You also are not permitted into office if you were contendant in a duel". So I guess if you are ever in West Virginia and are challenged to a duel, say, "I can't, I would really like to, but I am running for Governor of Tennessee! That way you can back out, and not feel like a sissy!

0 comments:

Followers

Total Pageviews