omgoodness, I'm blogging again!

Dear readers, I know it has been a VERY long time since i posted anything on my blog. Life as you all know sends us many curve balls and challenges. I finally got a computer that works and have decided that i am going to blog again! I know, miracles do still occur! I will once again be searching the wacky world of strange and weird laws and warning labels. I will find those stupid signs posted around the world. I want to beg you to come back and explore the idiotic things we are expected to follow by lawyers, companies and public officials. Comments and suggestions are not only welcome, but would be GREATLY appreciated! I promise to to try and make you giggle and smile! Hope you read me soon! love, janene

"Moab, last day..."

As the old saying goes, "All good things must come to an end". But before we had to go, we got in one last day of wheeling! After we loaded all of our luggage into the Dodge for the trip home we headed up to "Hells Revenge" in the Jeeps. Derrick, Rob and Nicole, Robby, and us. The sun was shining brightly, and conference was coming in, sort of, on the radio. Setting for a perfect Easter day! As we were waiting for the group in front of us to head up the trail, we talked to the park rangers that were also waiting to go. We asked them if they had found the jerks out making a mess the day before on chicken corners, and they thanked us with big grins on their faces, and informed us they indeed had and multiple tickets were issued!  Yippee! Rob was excited to experience moabs famous slickrock, but Nicole was quite NERVOUS! Derrick had done the trail several times, we had too, and Robby was excited to experience "hell" for the first time. Off we went, hoping conference on the radio would be in our favor as we tempted fate, doing Hells Revenge on Easter Sunday!  This particular trail eats Jeeps all the time! Some of the worst carnage happens on this trail! Most of it follows the "slickrock" bike trail, and is difficult riding a bike, but it is very fun! You drive on sandstone rocks so steep at times all you see out of your windshield is sky going up, rock going down, and usually on very narrow fins with big drop offs on both sides. The scenes of natural beauty are breath taking! We followed Derrick, most of the time, but he would find the hardest steepest route and played on them. Nicole's Jeep isn't built hardcore so she was pretty nervous in spots, but Rob was driving and had the biggest grin on his face!!! I could tell we had gotten  another moab jeepnut added to the ranks! I kept trying to get pictures of Derrick doing crazy stuff, but he was walking up things so fast, by the time I got the camera ready, he was done! We made him do an obstacle called tip over challenge again so we could get a picture, he did so gladly!  The trail went way too quickly and soon we were finished! We then went back to town. Derrick and Allan went to load the Jeep onto the trailer, and Nicole, Rob and I went to the tshirt shop to use the $44 worth of gift certificates the club give Allan and I every year for being a trail leader. I got the cutest little tshirt for my grandbaby, it is a tiny replica of the first shirt we got for Courtney the first time we went to moab. I also got a few bumper stickers. One for Derrick that says, "I spend all my money on my Jeep, and waste the rest." Allan had to have the one that says, "if it ain't broke, fix it till it is!" very fitting! At last we were heading home, very bummed to be leaving! The usual idiots also driving stupidly on highway 6, passing at bad times, driving too slow at others.....uhg. As we got closer to home, the sun was hidden by clouds, the red rocks replaced by snow, and my happy mood replaced with sadness. We decided next year we are staying an extra day and not going home until Monday after Easter!  Something to look forward to! And hopefully we will have Courtney's little family along too! Well, trip is over, hope you have enjoyed my tales! Tomorrow back to the usual! I hope you keep reading, and comment often please! You can see all of our adventure pictures on Facebook! 

janene

0 comments:

Followers

Total Pageviews