omgoodness, I'm blogging again!

Dear readers, I know it has been a VERY long time since i posted anything on my blog. Life as you all know sends us many curve balls and challenges. I finally got a computer that works and have decided that i am going to blog again! I know, miracles do still occur! I will once again be searching the wacky world of strange and weird laws and warning labels. I will find those stupid signs posted around the world. I want to beg you to come back and explore the idiotic things we are expected to follow by lawyers, companies and public officials. Comments and suggestions are not only welcome, but would be GREATLY appreciated! I promise to to try and make you giggle and smile! Hope you read me soon! love, janene

"Big Saturday chicken corners "

Today was a piece of cake. We did our usual day before Easter thing and helped lead a safari trail, this year, chicken corners. It is the least technical safari trail ran. It is basically a dirt road, but has some awsome scenery. We lined up at 8am on main street moab for the big "parade". The highway patrol shuts down the road through moab and all the jeeps get to head out in trail groups without obeying traffic lights, pretty cool! We had most of our trail regulars, whole families that have been coming on our big Saturday trail for many years! It is fun to see their children grow and bring their children! The trail takes us over the Harrah pass, one of the higher elevations down here. We also have some pretty cool views of the Colorado river. At our lunch spot, a place called the wind caves, we set up an Easter egg hunt for the kids, and an obstacle course for a select group of "big kids". We choose 4 Jeeps as our VICTIMS and had the wife drive blindfolded while her husband guided from the passenger seat. It always makes great entertainment!  This years participants got tshirts and hats, and a little weak in the knees! ;)  We then gave away tshirts, hats and some other prizes to "the oldest Jeep," "the biggest group" and things like that. We have a very sweet YOUNG lady which takes the oldest person there award practically every year. The last few she has been given a hat. This year before we started the awards she told us she didn't want or need another stupid hat, to please not tell everyone she's the oldest unless its WORTH it! We already planned to give her a special tshirt, and of course, another hat! :) She loved the tshirt! She said she was looking forward to another one next year! She is a very cute lady! Our trail went very smoothly as usual and we were finished by 2pm. Allan and I left the main group and went up to look for a natural bridge we had heard about. We found it, Allan walked across it, I don't care for heights, so I took pictures. It was a great day, with great people! Now a public service announcement, when we got to the wind caves today, a group of younger immature bratty twenty somethings had made an illegal camp. They had garbage everywhere and had been using the "restroom" where ever they felt like it, and since they had been drinking, a lot by their beer cans and liquor bottles thrown all around, they went potty a whole bunch! I took pictures of the mess, and license plate of the one vehicle they left behind not knowing what I would do with them. On our way out we got stopped by two rangers. They asked us where the wind caves were and if we had seen a messy illegal camp there. Allan told them how to find it, and I told them I had taken pictures!  They were very impressed, told me Great job, and could they see them. I showed them the pictures and as they were looking through them they said I had documented at least 5 violations and wrote down the plate number I had. They then went to BUST the jerks! I guess they had been tipped off by a number of people that the idiots were out there, but I was the first one that thought enough ahead and took pictures!  Let this be a lesson to all the jerks who use the backcountry as their own personal party house, people are watching and will turn you in! Don't abuse the privilege and get everyone's taken away! Well, that's that....home tomorrow, uhg!

janene

0 comments:

Followers

Total Pageviews